This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
It’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and delicious as they are or read through the content below for great ideas on jazzing these babies up for your favorite holidays!Jump to Recipe
Get ready to learn about a new favorite cookie recipe! Literally, I had never heard of avalanche cookies. My grandma made these cookies every Christmas season but we just called them Grandmas White Chocolate Krispie cookies. I always thought this was a recipe she made up on her own and treasured these every holiday season as a family secret. Imagine my surprise as an adult in my late 20’s when I recognized these cookies as I was scrolling Pinterest. I immediately contacted my mom to get my grandma’s recipe and it was a match!
Long story short, these may not be a crazy new treat for a lot of you but for some of you, it may be! If you love peanut butter, love easy “baking” aka no-bake and are in the mood for a treat, you are going to LOVE THESE COOKIES!
Something to note before getting started – I’ve also seen people use frosted flakes and cheerios for these cookies! You can also switch it up by trying the Christmas color Rice Krispies cereal during the holidays. Making for Halloween? Use your favorite method of food coloring to tint the white chocolate orange! Making for Saint Patricks Day? Tint it green! These cookies are so simple and can be snazzed up as much as you’d like!
How To Make Avalanche Cookies
Oh, I’m so happy you asked 🙂 Start by gathering your ingredients, preheating your oven and then making magic happen! Read below for all the details.
Ingredients & Equipment
The equipment you’ll need is cookie sheets, parchment paper, a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, a microwave safe bowl and a large bowl. The ingredients you’ll need are white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, rice krispies cereal and peanut butter.
This recipe is short and sweet so I’ll keep the instructions short and sweet as well!
First, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. This is where you’ll place your cookies after all the ingredients are combined. If you plan to let these sit at room temperature rather than in the refrigerator, you can just place parchment paper right on your counter. Now, measure out your cereal and marshmallows. Place these in a large bowl and sit to the side.
Combine the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Place in the microwave again for 15 seconds. Stir again. Repeat this process until the white chocolate chips are completely melted and combined with the peanut butter. Pour the white chocolate peanut butter mixture over your cereal and marshmallows. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, drop cookie clusters onto parchment paper. Once all cookies have been measured out, let sit until completely hardened – about 2 hours. You can also place these in your refrigerator to harden more quickly.
Store in an airtight container.
NEWSLETTER COMING SOON
Be one of the first to join our newsletter! Starting in January of 2023 we’ll be sending out a monthly newsletter sharing the latest on our blog. We are adding an entire new section, In The Kitchen, to share some delicious non-smoked recipes. We promise, everything we share with you will be worth trying!
No Bake Avalanche Cookie Recipe
Here you go! Enjoy making this recipe by yourself, with your kids or with friends. It’s a fun way to create something delicious that everyone can be a apart of.
- 2 cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 11 – 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows in a large bowl. Sit to the side.
- Place white chocolate chips & peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat, heating for 15 seconds at a time and stirring until chips are melted and combined with peanut butter.
- Pour the peanut butter white chocolate mixture over cereal and marshmallows and gentle toss to cover.
- Place tablespoon or ice cream scoop size clusters onto parchment paper.
- Let cookies sit for about 2 hours to harden at room temperature or place in refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Notes For Avalanche Cookies
You can let these sit at room temp or in the refrigerator to harden. I suggest storing them outside of the refrigerator once they’re set.
When I’m making these in a hurry, I scoop out larger clusters and then break them in half for smaller cookies once they’re hardened. While we’re at it, try pressing these in a casserole dish and letting them sit to make white chocolate peanut butter krispie treats!
You can also try using frosted flakes or cheerios for this recipe!
Pinterest is our blogs family photo album. We add every single recipe to Pinterest so that the photos of our food can inspire you to try it. Give us a follow on Pinterest and add this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking the photo below.
This recipe can be found in our Best of The Smoked Kings board, our dessert boards and more!
That wraps up our post about how to make Avalanche Cookies. We know you’ll love this recipe! Be sure to check out some other great ones below! Thanks for visiting.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious...
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over...
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...