This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
A deliciously smoky appetizer with just the right amount of spice. Our smoked buffalo cream cheese combines Franks buffalo ranch seasoning with your favorite buffalo wing sauce to bring you a smoky, creamy appetizer everyone will crave.
Smoked Appetizers and Dips
Welcome or welcome back! If you’re in the “welcome back” crowd you probably are use to seeing our crazy good smoked cream cheese recipes. What started as a test run with our Everything Bagel Smoked Cream Cheese has turned into a FULL ON ADDICTION. I can promise you I will not stop coming up with insanely delicious smoked cream cheese recipes and sharing them with you until the grocery stores run out of cream cheese!
Okay, onto our smoked buffalo cream cheese. We are big fans of buffalo chicken dip especially in the fall on football Sundays (GO RAVENS!). Naturally, I had to try this buffalo addiction on the smoker. That is how we arrived at this delicious new smoked cream cheese recipe. I was casually browsing seasonings when I stumbled upon Franks Buffalo Ranch Seasoning and my light bulb went off. We decided to combine this seasoning with buffalo wing sauce and it turned out amazing. We’ve used everything from celery to pretzels as dipping devices for this appetizer and they all show up to deliver a mouth full of goodness!
Here are some of our other delicious smoked cream cheese recipes. We’ve got everything from Everything Bagel to S’mores Dip! You can even try these using vegan cream cheese for all of our plan based followers.
- Everything Bagel Smoked Cream Cheese
- Cinnamon Sugar & Honey Smoked Cream Cheese
- Chocolate and Marshmallow Smoked Cream Cheese
How To Make Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese
The process overall is just as simple as our other smoked cream cheeses! Season, smoke and serve!
To begin, start your smoker. For other fellow Pit Boss users this means plugging your pellet grill in, leaving the lid open until it lights and keeping the dial set to smoke which is about 180 degrees. Sign up below to download our free quick start guide for Pit Boss Pellet Grills.
Now it’s time to prep your cream cheese. Start by removing the packaging and placing the cream cheese on top of a piece of aluminum foil. Next, score the cream cheese to allow the smoke to reach more surface area. Now it’s time for seasoning! Sprinkle all sides of the cream cheese with Franks Buffalo Ranch seasoning. We used about 2 tbsp to cover our block. Once fully covered, drizzle buffalo wing sauce over top of your cream cheese.
You can use medium, mild or hot buffalo wing sauce depending on your personal preference. Also, you completely cover the block if you’d like rather than drizzling like we did. You are finally ready to start smoking. Place the piece of foil with seasoned cream cheese into smoker for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Sometimes we will smoke buffalo cream cheese for 2 hours. Really, anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours will work.
It is finally time to enjoy your masterpiece! Remove the buffalo cream cheese from your smoker and serve with tortilla chips, pretzels, carrots or celery.
Check These Out!
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in November of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all the smoke lovers out there.
Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese
Time to turn your cream cheese into a masterpiece!
Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Franks Buffalo Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce mild, medium or hot
- Fire up the smoker. Set to the smoke setting on a Pit Boss or 180 degrees.
- Remove packaging from cream cheese and place on aluminum foil. Score the top of the cream cheese.
- Season all sides of the cream cheese with the buffalo ranch seasoning. Drizzle buffalo wing sauce on top.
- Place the cream cheese in the smoker for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove and serve with tortilla chips, pretzels, carrots or celery.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
As mentioned before, you can use any type of buffalo wing sauce. You can also completely leave out the wing sauce if you’d prefer to just use the seasoning.
You can smoked cream cheese for anywhere from 90 – 120 minutes. Also, if your smoker doesn’t go down to 180 degrees, you can smoke this at 220 degrees. Just be sure to keep an eye on it so your toppings don’t begin to burn.
Serving this right away is the best way to enjoy. You can store in the refrigerator and use the next day if you have leftovers. This specific variety would be great in an omelet!
Just looking for ideas right now? Click on the image below to pin this recipe on Pinterest. This image link will take you right to the pin you see below allowing you to find it when you’re ready to make it.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious...
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over...
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...