Candied Bacon Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
This thick cut candied bacon recipe can be made on your grill, smoker or right in your oven! No flip required.
How To Cook Bacon
There are many ways to cook your bacon depending on how you like it. Crunchy, chewy, sweet, spicy. You name it! Many people will cook bacon differently depending on how they’re using it. As a salad topper? You’re probably looking for crunchy bacon so you can crumble it. As a side to pancakes & eggs? Maybe chewy bacon is your thing.
In this recipe we’ll be making candied bacon which will be slightly chewy, slightly crunchy and absolutely delicious. Our candied bacon recipes brings salty and sweat together with a kick of spice. This can be made the day before and stored in the fridge or the day of for the freshest, best taste.
Cooking Candied Bacon
For this recipe you need a package of thick cut bacon, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes do bring a nice kick so leave these off if serving to kids. We typically will do half with and half without so our entire family can enjoy.
You will also need a sheet pan with a wire rack. This allows the grease to drip into the pan and the bacon to cook a lot slower. If you place bacon directly on your grill (or oven rack) without a pan, the cooking time will be much shorter and the clean up will be much more complex.
The pan and wire rack we use in this recipe are below.
GET IT HERE
Candied Bacon Instructions
Ready to get started! Lets go 🙂
To make candied bacon you’ll need to preheat your pellet grill, grill or oven to 300 degrees. While that is preheating, lay your bacon out on the wire rack in your sheet pan. Using you fingers, spread brown sugar on bacon, flip and then repeat. Add red pepper flakes if you’d like some spice and then place in the smoker to cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
The bacon will not look crunchy when you pull it out. It will however harden as it cools off. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you allow you bacon to cool off as the hot sugar will burn your mouth.
@thesmokedkings A new way to eat your favorite food 🥓 Pellet grill bacon coming to the smokedkings.com soon. #bacon #smoked #pelletgrill #pitbossnation #smokedbacon #brownsugarbacon #breakfastideas #brunchtok #grilltok #smokertok #foodtok #feedme ♬ original sound – thesmokedkings
Candied Bacon Recipe
Candied Bacon Recipe
- 1 package thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- optional, red pepper flakes
- Preheat smoker, grill or oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay a wire rack inside a sheet pan and lay bacon strips on top. These can over lap but try to keep them separated if possible.
- Using your fingers, rub bacon with brown sugar. Flip. Rub the other side with brown sugar and top with red pepper flakes.
- Place sheet pan with bacon into grill. Let cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Bacon will begin to caramelize. Do not over cook. Bacon will harden once removed from the grill and allowed to cool
- Serve after cooled or store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
Pin this Candied Bacon Recipe for Later!
The Smoked Kings
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...
- The Best Smoked Mac And Cheese RecipeSmoked Mac and Cheese Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of the best comfort foods. The rich and gooey cheese,...
- The Best Seasoning For Smoked Cream Cheese | Top 4 VarietiesThe ultimate roundup of the best seasoning for smoked cream cheese. We’re sharing 4 delicious ways to season your smoked...