This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious crunchy bite.Jump to Recipe
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Sweet treats are a weakness in our family. Add salty to that sweet and good luck finding any leftovers! We were stuck inside on a rainy day and wanted to waste the time away making something delicious. We found all the necessary ingredients in our kitchen to make these and seriously, they were a hit with each and everyone of us!
Mixing peanut butter and butter is like a magic trick… not sure why it took me 34 years to realize this. It makes the peanut butter so light and fluffy and absolutely delicious. The powedered sugar gives it just the right amount of sweetness to be paired with melted milk chocolate chips as well.
We don’t typically use milk chocolate chips as much as semi sweet but they worked amazingly for this recipe. Keep scrolling down to find out more!
How To Make Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in Chocolate
Peanut butter pretzel bites, sometimes referred to as peanut butter pretzel buckeyes, are incredibly simple to make but they can get you into a sticky situation. For the best outcome, it would be wise to not skip any of the chilling steps!
Ingredients & Equipment
The equipment you’ll need is cookie sheets, parchment paper, measuring cups & spoons, mixer and your refrigerator.
Here we go!
First, line your baking sheet with parchment paper and sit to the side.
Next, combine your softened unsalted butter and peanut butter in an electric mixer. If your butter isn’t soft, try putting it into the microwave for 5 seconds. That should do the trick! Once your butter and peanut butter are combined, add the salt to your mixture. Now add the powdered sugar slowly. You can use all of the powdered sugar or adjust as needed for your preferred sweetness. Once all of these are mixed, place your bowl in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This will drastically increase your ability to properly roll the mixture into balls to go between your pretzels.
While your peanut butter mixture is chilling, start spreading your pretzel squares along your baking sheet. I would start with 30 and then adjust based on how many balls you can create. This will all depend on how large you make each peanut butter ball.
Remove your mixture from the refrigerator and roll into 1/2 to 1inch balls and place onto a pretzel space. Once all the mixture has been placed on a pretzel, add a second pretzel to the other side of the mixture (creating a peanut butter mixture sandwiched between two pretzels!). Place back into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes and allow to set.
Now comes the final step… the chocolate! Melt your chocolate chips on the stove top (slowly, at a low temp) or in a microwave safe bowl. Once the chocolate is melted, dip each peanut butter pretzel bite into the chocolate and place back on your baking sheet. Store chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzel bites in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
NEWSLETTER COMING SOON
Join our newsletter below! We’ll be sending out a monthly newsletter sharing the latest on our blog. We are adding an entire new section, In The Kitchen, to share some delicious non-smoked recipes as well. We promise, everything we share with you will be worth trying!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Recipe
Now you’re ready to make this sweet and salty snack (or dessert?) to share with family and friends! …. or to enjoy all on your own 🙂
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 15 oz bag of pretzel squares
- 12 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter and butter in mixer. Add salt and continue mixing.
- Slowly add powered sugar, about 2 tbsp at a time. You can use all of the powdered sugar or taste along the way until your desired sweetness is met.
- Place peanut butter mixture into ref. for about 10 minutes. This will make the mixture easier to handle to roll into balls.
- While peanut butter mixture is being chilled, place pretzel squares in baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Remove peanut butter mixture from the refrigerator and roll into ~ 1/2 to 1 inch balls. Place on top of pretzels. Place another pretzel on top to create peanut butter pretzel bites.
- Place the baking sheet with pretzels back into the refrigerator and allow to cool about 30 minutes. You can place in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Melt chocolate chips on the stove or in a microwave safe bowl. Dip peanut butter pretzel bites into the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet back into the refrigerator to cool chocolate, about 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Notes For Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
You can make these peanut butter pretzels with square or traditional shaped pretzels.
Melting Your Chocolate – To do this on the stove add, place all your chocolate chips in a pan and slowly heat, stirring often. To do this in the mircrowave, add all your chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and let cook for 30 seconds at a time, stirring every time your 30 seconds is up.
Let sit out ~5-10 minutes before enjoying for a softer crunch!
Pinterest is our blogs family photo album. We add every single recipe to Pinterest so that the photos of our food can inspire you to try it. Give us a follow on Pinterest and add this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking the photo below.
This recipe can be found in our Best of The Smoked Kings board, our dessert boards and more!
That wraps up our post about how to make peanut butter pretzel bites. We know you’ll love this recipe! Be sure to check out some other great ones below! Thanks for visiting.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more