Smoked Sausage Gravy Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
Our smoked sausage gravy recipe is sure to be your new favorite breakfast. This recipe can be adapted for those who do not own a smoker.
Lets face it – homemade sausage gravy is already an amazing dish on its own. Now, smoke that sausage and you’re at a whole different level. The smoky notes that come from smoking the sausage really bring a warmth and authentic flavor that will satisfy even the pickiest of taste buds.
There are a couple different ways you can enjoy this. First, you can smoke for your family on the weekend and enjoy together at the dining room table. Second, you can make and serve for brunch. This dish is absolutely delicious and also extremely filling. Perfect for a room full of hungry bellies.
Lastly, you can smoke multiple rolls of sausage at once, double or triple the recipe and freeze to use at a later time (Christmas morning or whenever it’s just too cold outside to get the smoker out).
Check out our smoked sausage gravy recipe on TikTok!
@thesmokedkings Smoked sausage gravy, coming soon. #tiktokrecipe #pitbossnation #breakfastideas ♬ Back In Black – AC/DC
HOW TO MAKE OUR SMOKED SAUSAGE GRAVY RECIPE
As you witnessed in the TikTok video above, this recipe really is quite simple. Smoke the meat. Make the gravy. Serve & enjoy!
When you choose your sausage, make sure it is breakfast sausage. Also, if you want extra smoky flavor, try flattening the roll so the smoke can reach more surface area of the meat. A little goes a long way here.
Our recipe does call for a little bit of salt. If you are trying to cut down on salt intake, leave the salt out and taste before adding. You may not even miss it thanks to the saltiness of the sausage.
While You’re Here
If you own a smoker (which I’m assuming you do) this website is going to quickly become one of your favorites for new inspiration! We try and test everything until we get it just right so you are always prepared to impress.
Be sure to follow us on social media and Pinterest so you don’t miss a beat. Another way to stay informed is to join our mailing list! Monthly newsletters will be coming soon!
Smoked Sausage Gravy
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage Roll
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Turn on your smoker and set to 220 degrees.
- Open sausage and place on a pan. Place in smoker for 1 hour.
- Remove sausage from smoker and power down.
- Place sausage in pan and cook over medium heat until done.
- Add butter into middle of pan and allow to melt completely. Add flour over sausage and cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring or whisking constantly. Continue stirring until gravy thickens, about 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately over biscuits or toast. Refrigerate leftovers.
The Smoked Kings
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...
- The Best Smoked Mac And Cheese RecipeSmoked Mac and Cheese Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of the best comfort foods. The rich and gooey cheese,...
- The Best Seasoning For Smoked Cream Cheese | Top 4 VarietiesThe ultimate roundup of the best seasoning for smoked cream cheese. We’re sharing 4 delicious ways to season your smoked...
May 14, 2022 at 4:32 pm
So good! Thank you for sharing this. We have made it twice now and frozen some for later. Delicious and easy. Definitely recommend!