This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
All the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is a fun upgrade to an American classic.Jump to Recipe
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Hello fellow smokers! It’s been awhile since we’ve shared any of our creations with you. Though we’ve been away for sometime, we never stopped using our smoker and making new dishes that we are excited to share.
Our welcome-back smoked recipe is all about the meat. Smoked meatloaf is something to drool over all in itself right? Wrap it in bacon and cheeseburger style ingredients and you’ve got a fun, guest-impressing new dinner!
This recipe was born out of our kids not liking meatloaf for some reason but always begging for cheeseburgers and devouring bacon anytime it’s in the house.
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in April of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all you smoke lovers out there.
Smoked Meatloaf Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
Let’s dive right in!
The equipment you’ll need for this recipe includes a smoker, a sheet pan, a large mixing bowl, knife to cube your cheese & chop your pickles, a food processor to slice your onion, measuring utensils and an oven.
Ingredients you’ll need for this meatloaf are 4 pounds of ground beef, 3 eggs, 1 cup of breadcrumbs, 1/2 of a white onion (chopped), 2 tablespoons of dry smoking rub, 1/2 cup of chopped kosher dill pickles, 3/4 of a pound of cubed cheese chunks and 8 slices of thick cut bacon to wrap the loaf in. For the glaze you’ll need 3/4 of a cup of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, 4 tablespoons of brown sugar and garlic, salt & pepper to taste.
Now to fun part 🙂 Start your smoker and set to 180 degrees. While the smoker preheats, make your loaf!
Place your ground beef on your sheet pan. Top with 3 eggs and mix with hands. Next, place chopped pickles, cubed cheese chunks, chopped onion, seasoning and breadcrumbs on top of meat. Combine fully with your hands. FIRMLY mold your mixture into a loaf. Place on a sheet pan and wrap in bacon. If you’re worried your loaf may fall apart, place it in a loaf pan OR freeze for 1 hour prior to smoking.
Place sheet pan with meatloaf into smoker at 180 degrees for 1 hour. Next, remove the meatloaf from the smoker and increase the temperature to 225 degrees. Glaze your meatloaf and place back in smoker for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Pull the meatloaf from your smoker and turn it off. Turn on the broiler in your oven and place the sheet pan with the meatloaf inside to crisp the bacon. cook until desired texture is reached, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the broiler and let rest to firm. Slice the meatloaf and serve. This pairs great with french fries, corn on the cob, cottage cheese and all your other favorite cheeseburger sides! My family personally is always a fan of rolls. With butter of course!
Recipe For Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Cheeseburger Style
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Dry Smoking Rub
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- 3/4 lb cubed cheese chunks
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Start your smoker. Set the temperature to the smoke setting or 180 degrees.
- Place ground beef and eggs in a pan or bowl and combine with hands. Next, add breadcrumbs, chopped onion, cubed cheese chunks, seasoning and pickles. Mix well with hands.
- Firmly mold meatloaf mixture into loaf shape. Wrap in bacon.
- Place meatloaf on a sheet pan. Place in smoker for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
- While the meatloaf is smoking, combine all glaze ingredients and set to the side.
- Pull meatloaf out and coat in glaze. Increase the smoker temp to 225 degrees and cook meatloaf for an additional 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Once meatloaf reaches 165, pull it from smoker and place into a broiler until bacon crisps, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let rest about 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Notes For Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
This recipe can definitely be scaled down for smaller families. Cut the ingredients in half (use 2 eggs) and you’ll get the same dish in a smaller portion.
There has been talk of freezing meatloaf’s for an hour or so prior to smoking it to help it keep it’s shape. We did not use this step, we just made sure to firmly pack together our loaf. If you are worried about your meatloaf falling apart you can make it in a pan or add the step of freezing it once it’s fully shaped.
Just collecting delicious dinner ideas for later? No problem! Click on the image below to save this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s easy to find later. If you do not have a Pinterest account, join our newsletter to stay up to date with our latest recipes!
Check out these other delicious recipes next! From smoked desserts to smoked meats, we’ve got a wide variety of recipes for your to try! We’re also starting to share non-smoked recipes in our “In The Kitchen” area of our blog. We’ve got some exciting things coming your way so thank you for stopping by!
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more