This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Sheet pan meets smoker! This smoked chicken and brussels sprouts sheet pan dinner is a simple way to enjoy a smoked dinner any day of the week.
Smoking delicious food is one of our favorite hobbies. We love coming up with new recipes to try and sharing them with the public to enjoy as well. One problem that I tend to have with the smoker is how long it takes to cook everything. Seriously. I have 4 kids, after school sports, a job, a house to take care of and endless piles of laundry. I’m not complaining – I am so thankful for everyone of those things! However, sometimes smoking my dinner just doesn’t happen because of time restraints.
That is what led us to create this seriously delicious smoked chicken and brussels sprouts recipe. I cook this dinner all the time in our oven but I really didn’t want to warm the house up with how hot it was outside. I decided to try cooking this on our Pit Boss Pellet Grill and man, it was amazing!
I cleaned up my chicken breast by trimming the fat. I prepped the brussels sprouts by trimming the ends and slicing in half. Then I seasoned everything, threw it on the smoker and hoped for the best. And the best is what I got!
How to Make Smoked Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
You are going to LOVE this recipe! Seriously. It’s so simple and delicious, it will quickly become a summer night go-to.
To begin, plug in your smoker. Once your smoker is lit, set the temperature to 350 degrees. While your smoker is heating up you should prepare your chicken breast and brussels sprouts.
Begin by trimming any fat off of your chicken breast. If your chicken has extremely uneven thickness you should beat the chicken breast to flatten. To do this simple place on a piece of plastic wrap. Make sure plastic wrap is large enough to fully enclose chicken. Using a mallet, beat the chicken breast until it flattens. Once you are satisfied with your chicken coat in olive oil and then season all sides. Place directly onto a sheet pan.
First of all, this post is the first time I’m realizing there is an s at the end of brussels for brussels sprouts.
To prep your sprouts rinse and then chop off the hard ends. Slice in half and place into a bowl. Once all sprouts are prepared, toss with olive oil. Then, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place the sprouts on the sheet pan surrounding the chicken breast.
Place your sheet pan directly on smoker and let cook for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken breast and toss the sprouts and then allow to cook another 15 minutes or until chicken breast reaches 165 degrees.
Remove the sheet pan from your smoker and allow chicken breast to rest for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
What To Expect
This recipe specifically calls for McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning but you can use your favorite seasoning in its place. I highly suggest trying this seasoning though. It is definitely in our top 10 best seasonings.
The sprouts will flake slightly and get crunchy. This is my kids absolute favorite part. The sprouts will not be extremely tender so if that is how you like them you can try cooking them for 10 minutes before placing the chicken breast on the sheet pan. Just be sure to toss so that they do not burn.
We enjoyed this dinner with a side of rolls and it made everyone’s tummy happy!
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in November of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all the smoke lovers out there.
Smoked Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Time to get smokin!
Smoked Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- 3 chicken breast
- 24 oz brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- salt & peper to taste
- Start your smoker. Set to 350 degrees.
- Trim you chicken breast of any fat. Coat with olive oil and season with McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. Place directly on your sheet pan
- Chop the bottoms of your brussels sprouts and slice in half. Place halves in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread around the chicken breast on the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan on smoker for 15 minutes. Flip your chicken breast and toss brussels sprouts. Smoke for another 15 minutes or until chicken breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove sheet pan and allow chicken breast to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Be sure to flip your chicken breast half way through to ensure even cooking.
If you like your brussels sprouts more tender, cook for an additional 10 minutes after removing chicken breast or before adding chicken breast to your sheet pan.
These seasonings can be switched to what ever you prefer! I highly suggest the seasonings we use but this can be adapted to fit what you have on hand.
Use the link below to pin this recipe for later! You can find all of our recipes on our Pinterest profile.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more