This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
Smoked chicken salad brings the traditional tastes of chicken salad together with a new and unexpected smoky flavor you and your guests will love.
We are HUGE chicken salad fans in our home. It is a go-to for us when it comes to meal prepping for lunches, for road trips and for party hosting. My husband created this recipe a long time ago using baked chicken. Now that we have a Pit Boss Pellet Grill we decided to swap the baked chicken for smoked chicken.
It is completely insane the way the smoky flavors from smoked chicken breast change the recipe completely in a fantastic way. Cooking the chicken takes longer this way but it is clearly worth the effort.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED CHICKEN SALAD
This is a great example of another simple recipe you can make using your smoker. The recipe does call for the chicken to be smoked before you begin. Our smoked chicken breast recipe is below. Most of the time we will smoke chicken breast for dinner and throw a couple extra on to have left over so we can make chicken salad.
A couple notes for this recipe – we love the sweet juice we get in every bite from the grapes and apples. It really compliments the celery salt and mayo. If you do not enjoy pieces of fruit in your chicken salad you can completely omit these two ingredients and still end up with a fantastic meal.
Hosting a get-together? Use smoked chicken salad on sliders or make wraps as easy to go, absolutely delicious party snacks! You can add lettuce and cheese to these as well.
Be sure to check out some of our other recipes below!
Can’t get enough of that delicious smoky flavor? Try some of our other recipes linked below. Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next.
Smoked Chicken Salad
- 1 lb Smoked Chicken Breast
- 1 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup Grapes
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- This recipe calls for smoked chicken breast. If you need instructions on how to smoke chicken breast you can use our simple recipe found here.
- Using a food processor, chop chicken breast. 1lb of smoked chicken breast will make about 4 cups of chopped chicken.
- Next, use food processor to chop celery stalk and then the apple separately.
- Mix together all ingredients except the grapes.
- Dice grapes into quarters and then fold into chicken salad.
- Serve immediately or refrigerator until ready to use.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious...
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over...
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...