This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Smoked cream cheese dessert style. Combine the smoky flavor from our original smoked cream cheese recipe with honey and cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat everyone will enjoy!Jump to Recipe
The thought of smoked desserts didn’t even cross my mind when we purchased our Pit Boss Pellet Grill. I pictured smoked burgers, smoked pork butt and all the smoked bacon I could ever desire. We have recipes for all of those too by the way! 😉 Cinnamon sugar smoked cream cheese dessert is the first sweet we ever made on our smoker and it has been a favorite ever since.
Whenever we make smoked cream cheese, we’ll typically do a sweet and a savory seasoning. This sweet seasoning of cinnamon sugar and honey can work as an appetizer, dessert or a side to serve right with your meal. I love it because it can pair with apple slices, pretzels or honey graham crackers depending on your mood. I also love to wrap this one up before everyone can eat it and store it in the refrigerator. That way, I can enjoy it on a bagel, English muffin or toast the next day.
Good luck with leftovers though!
How To Make Smoked Cream Cheese Dessert
To start this simple and delicious smoked cream cheese dessert fire up your smoker! We have an entire guide on how to properly start a Pit Boss Pellet Grill that walks you through the process from plugging in your smoker to opening the vent to allow proper airflow below.
Now it’s time to prep your cream cheese. First, mix together cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sit to the side. Next, remove your cream cheese from the packaging and place directly onto a piece of aluminum foil. Using a knife, score your cream cheese from left to right. Turn your cream cheese 90 degrees and score again. Now it’s time season!
Grab your cinnamon sugar mixture and season all sides of your cream cheese block. You don’t need to season the bottom but you definitely can if you have extra. Once your cream cheese dessert is all seasoned, drizzle on a layer of honey. Add as much or as little as you’d like. Be sure to note that a lot of the honey may run off onto the foil while smoking. Also, you can add additional honey to your cream cheese after smoking.
Now it’s time to smoke! Place the aluminum foil with the seasoned cream cheese directly into your smoker. Shut the lid and allow to smoke for 2 hours. After smoking remove and let cool about a minute. Then, use a spatula to place the sweet cream cheese onto a serving dish. Drizzle the honey that has accumulated onto the foil over top of the cream cheese brick.
Equipment We Love
It is finally time to enjoy! Grab some honey graham crackers, slice up some apples or serve with pretzels! This dessert is so satisfying and it doesn’t take much to fill up hungry bellies.
Should you have any leftovers, refrigerate in an airtight container and use for 2-3 days after smoking. We like to use on toast, bagels or English muffins.
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in November of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all the smoke lovers out there.
Smoked Cream Cheese Dessert
Time to get smokin! We hope you love this recipe and continue making it for years to come. Thanks for stopping by!
Cinnamon Sugar Smoked Cream Cheese Dessert
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Start your smoker and leave at the smoke setting for Pit Boss Pellet Grills. For other smokers, set to 180 degrees.
- Remove cream cheese from packaging and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Score your cream cheese diagonal from left to right. Rotate 90 degrees and repeat.
- Mix together cinnamon & sugar. Coat all sides of cream cheese with cinnamon sugar mix. Drizzle honey over top of cream cheese.
- Place aluminum foil with cream cheese in your smoker for 2 hours.
- Remove cream cheese and enjoy. Serve with apple slices, graham crackers or pretzels.
- Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container. Enjoy on top of toast, bagels or English muffins.
Some of the honey will fall to the bottom of the aluminum foil while smoking. We like to remove the block of cream cheese with a spatula and place on a serving dish so that we can pour the honey on the foil onto the cream cheese. It helps give the cream cheese an extra shine that looks beautiful!
To make this look even more pretty, sprinkle some sugar on top of the cream cheese after smoking. This will jazz it up a bit for serving.
Refrigerate leftovers, or make an entire second block, so that you can use the next morning on a bagel, toast or English muffin! The cream cheese spreads really easily after smoking.
Just looking for ideas right now? Click on the image below to pin this recipe on Pinterest. This image link will take you right to the pin you see below allowing you to find it when you’re ready to make it.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more