This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
Get ready to be crowned the Smoked Queso Dip Master with this delicious and easy to follow recipe. Serve with your favorite salsa and sour cream to create a mouth-watering snack.
The first time we decided to make this smoked queso was during football season. We prepared the ingredients in the morning and then started smoking everything right after lunch. It made the perfect appetizer to keep us full through the day (and by us I mean kids included!)
Because this dip is such a hearty snack, we usually end up having a light salad for dinner on days we make it. It is so easy to fill up on which makes it PERFECT for large gatherings or for those who like having leftovers!
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED QUESO DIP
This recipe really is straight forward. You can customize it by switching up the cheese you use and the meat seasoning. We suggest always using Velveeta in your recipe but everything else is up to you! One way we plan to customize this in the future is by substituting cream of jalapeno soup for the cream of mushroom soup.
When we browned and seasoned our meat we did 1 lb. at a time with a seasoning packet. If you are trying to be more time efficient, you can brown the 2 lbs. of meat together and mix the seasoning packets.
Also, you can stir the queso half way through cooking or wait until the end.
Let us know in the comments below how this recipe turns out for you! We’d love to hear the ways you are able to customize to perfectly fit what your family loves!
Smoked Queso Dip
- Aluminum Pan
- Pit Boss Pellet Grill
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 packet Chorizo Seasoning
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 16 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 oz Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 2 cans Dice Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Set smoker to 225 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and season with Taco/Chorizo Seasoning. Add to aluminum pan.
- Dice cheese bricks into squares. Place in aluminum pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your aluminum pan.
- Place pan in smoker for 2 hours.
- Remove pan from smoker and stir. Serve immediately or place in a crockpot to keep warm.
Be sure to check out all our recipes here!
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious...
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over...
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...