This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
Get ready to taste the best smoked salmon dip you’ve ever had. We have a secret to this dip that sets it apart from the rest!
This recipe has been a must-do since purchasing our Pit Boss Pellet Grill. First we perfected smoked cream cheese. Next we perfected smoked salmon. What do you suppose you get when you put both those recipes together? The most amazing smoked salmon dip recipe you’ve ever tasted! Seriously, this is an absolutely amazing dip that you’ll make more than once.
We made this and enjoyed as a family over the course of a week and plan to make again when we have family visit. It’s a perfect appetizer for anytime but especially great for brunch. It is mentioned in the recipe below and it is worth saying again – save some of your smoked salmon to put on top of the dip when you’re ready to serve.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED SALMON DIP
Lets dive right in! To start, you need smoked salmon and smoked cream cheese. Yes, you can buy the salmon pre-smoked from the store and yes, you can use regular cream cheese without smoking it but I guarantee you will not get the full experience that taking these extra steps offer. Smoking both of these ingredients yourself is our secret to success with this recipe.
See below for directions on how to make smoked salmon and smoked cream cheese
HOW TO EAT SMOKED SALMON DIP
I mean honestly, you can eat this with a spoon. I would advise against it though because that would be a lot of cream cheese to consume! Try serving smoked salmon dip with your favorite crackers such as Wheat Thins, Triscuit’s or Ritz. You could also serve this on a bagel for a delicious treat.
Be sure to check out some of our other smoked recipes below!
Can’t get enough of that delicious smoky flavor? Try some of our other recipes linked below. Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next.
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 1 lb Smoked Salmon
- 1 block Smoked Cream Cheese, no seasoning
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Splash Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- OPTIONAL 1/8 cup chopped pickles or 1 1/2 tbsp pickle juice
- Using your fingers, break apart smoked salmon.
- In a large bowl mix together smoked cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, salt & pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the smoked salmon to your bowl and mix. Be sure to leave a little smoked salmon out to add to the top of your dip when ready to serve.Optional – Add chopped pickles or pickle juice if desired.
- Serve immediately or chill in an airtight container until ready to serve. This dip will become firm once chilled so be sure to sit out 15 minutes before you're ready to enjoy.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more