This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Jump to Recipe
Smokey flavors, carbs and cheese. What’s not to love? Smoked twice baked potatoes are a delicious dish you are going to keep making over and over again. You’ll love how easily it is to adjust the flavor of smoked twice baked potatoes to fit your preferences. Make it vegan or keep it vegetarian as the recipe shows. Load it up with smoked meats such as pork, our smoked sausage gravy and bacon for a meat lovers treat!
Baked Potatoes on Pellet Grill
Step one of this recipe is cooking your potatoes. We have found that grilling the potato first and then smoking once the filling has been added yields about the same results as smoking the potato and then re-smoking. The best part is it saves you time and pellets.
Grilling your potato is very similar to baking a potato in the oven. Once your potatoes are cleaned and rubbed with olive oil and salt, they cook on the grill for just under an hour. Be sure to flip the potatoes once so the skins are evenly cooked.
How To Serve Smoked Twice Baked Potatoes
Enjoying this dish can be a real event for your family. Turn this into a full on dinner on it’s own and create a smoked baked potato bar! Make your filling as the recipe shows and then offer family members different meats such as shredded chicken, crumbled bacon or shredded pork to top with. Be sure to add the meats (fully cooked) on top of the potatoes before returning to your pellet grill to smoke.
You can also serve these smoked potatoes as a side dish with smoked chicken breast, burgers or steak. Cut them in half to double the serving size. We like to garnish with sour cream or ranch.
@thesmokedkings ✌🏼 Baked Potatoes on your smoker. #smokerrecipes #twicebakedpotatoes #summerrecipes #potatotiktok #viralfood #feedmemore #farmtotable #foodlover ♬ Drink In My Hand – Eric Church
Be sure to let me know in the comments how this recipe turns out for you! We can’t wait to hear how you customize this to make it your own.
Smoked Twice Baked Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, split
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- Start your pellet grill and set temperature to 400 degrees.
- Rinse & pat dry russet potatoes.
- Poke potatoes with fork on all sides. Rub with olive oil & sprinkle salt on all sides.
- Place potatoes on grill and let cook for 50 minutes, flipping once. Potatoes are ready when easily pierced by a fork.
- Remove potatoes from grill & let cool.
- Set your pellet grill to the smoke setting, 250 degrees.
- Slice potatoes in half length wise. Using a spoon carefully remove insides of potatoes into a bowl.
- Add butter, milk, sour cream, 3/4 of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper and paprika to bowl. Mix or smash to combine.
- Return insides to potato skins. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Return potatoes to pellet grill and let smoke 40 minutes.
- Remove from grill, serve with sour cream & chives or ranch.
Check Out These Recipes Next
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious … Read more
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over … Read more
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and … Read more
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter … Read more
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is … Read more
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to … Read more