This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Get ready to bring the smoky goodness of campfire s’mores to your dessert table with this smoked cream cheese S’mores Dip. Chocolate, marshmallow fluff and cream cheese – what more could you ask for?Jump to Recipe
Smoked Cream Cheese
We decided to create this recipe for our kids enjoyment. Our family loves roasting marshmallows outside and thought this would be a great way to bring those same flavors to life when we aren’t able to have a fire. We also really enjoy making smoked cream cheese. This is one of the first appetizers we attempted to make on our smoker. We went with everything bagel smoked cream cheese and it has stuck with us. We make it every time family members come to visit and everyone LOVES it.
One day the kids really wanted to make a fire and roast marshmallows but we were fresh out of wood. We’ve tried making s’mores inside on the stove top but it just doesn’t compare to marshmallow made right on a fire. That’s when we decided to combine two of our favorites – smoked cream cheese and s’mores – to create a delicious s’mores dip right on our Pit Boss Pellet Grill.
This s’mores dip recipe is made on a piece of aluminum foil. The foil is place directly on the smoker to smoke the cream cheese and all the delicious toppings. You can also make this recipe in a cast iron skillet. This would make serving a bit more manageable as the marshmallow can make this cream cheese slightly messy.
We love to serve our s’mores recipe with graham crackers. Honey and chocolate grahams are the best option here. Pretzels are also a great option for serving. If you’re looking for something more healthy, try using apple slices.
When it comes to the left overs you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and then serve cold or room temperature the next day. I personally love to eat the left over cream cheese on toasted bread, English muffins or bagels. We typically don’t have leftovers but if you do, I highly suggest trying!
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED CREAM CHEESE S’MORES DIP
The ingredients you need for smoked cream cheese are a block of full fat cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and 2 bars of Hershey’s milk chocolate. The chocolate bars can be substituted with chocolate chips as well! The tools you need are aluminum foil, a smoker or pellet grill, a knife and a spatula.
To begin, start your smoker. If using a Pit Boss Pellet Grill, leave the temperature at the smoke (S) setting. If using a different smoker, set the temperature to 180 degrees.
Pull off a sheet of foil large enough to fit your cream cheese block. Unwrap the cream cheese and place in the middle of the foil. Using a knife, score the top of the cream cheese. Next, add the marshmallow fluff onto the cream cheese brick. Now, add the broken up chocolate pieces.
Place your brick of cream cheese directly into the smoker for 2 hours. Remove from the smoker. The smoked cream cheese may come out a bit messy so using a spatula to move the cream cheese to a serving dish. Serve with graham crackers for the full s’mores effect! You can also serve with apples or pretzels.
Depending on your marshmallow fluff, the cream cheese block may get a little messy and lose it’s shape. To make up for this, place your s’mores smoked cream cheese in a serving dish and surround with graham crackers or apples.
Check out some of our other recipes below!
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in November of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all the smoke lovers out there.
Smoked Cream Cheese S’mores Dip
- Aluminum Foil
- Pit Boss Pellet Grill or Smoker
- 1 block Cream Cheese, Full Fat
- Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 bars Hershey's Chocolate, crumbled or chunked
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Set your Pit Boss Pellet Grill to the smoke setting or set your smoker to 180 degrees.
- Tear a piece of aluminum foil big enough to fit your cream cheese. Place cream cheese block on top.
- Score cream cheese. Top with marshmallow fluff and chocolate.
- Place cream cheese on foil in grill/smoker and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove cream cheese from grill/smoker and serve with graham crackers or apples.
Marshmallow fluff is a very specific ingredient but it’s worth purchasing. With the left overs, our family likes to make peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches. We’ve given them the name fluffer-nutters 🙂
If you don’t have bars of chocolate – no problem! You can use chocolate chips to bring the delicious chocolatey flavor to your cream cheese.
If you are uncomfortable making this on aluminum foil right on the smoker, you can place the foil on a baking sheet and place that in the smoker. You can also put this in a small cast iron skillet to cook.
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Dipped in ChocolatePeanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the ultimate dessert for anyone loves the combination of sweet and salty in one delicious...
- Perfectly Smoked Chuck Roast RecipeMake perfectly smoked chuck roast EVERY SINGLE TIME. This recipe has been on repeat in our home for well over...
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...