TikTok Pasta Chips
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
TikTok pasta chips are a crunchy snack made right in your air fryer. Pair with a marinara or feta dipping sauce for a perfect match.
In The Kitchen
If you’re new here, welcome! if you’re familiar with our blog, welcome back! This is our first post in our new section of our blog – In The Kitchen. As our name states, our blog started out as a place to share all of our favorite recipes we make on out Pit Boss Pellet Grill. We are obsessed with smoking foods and love perfecting recipes. Now that it is summer we have decided to start sharing some of our favorite recipes from in the kitchen as well.
Summer? Summer is the perfect time to smoke right? Absolutely! But we live in southern South Carolina where the summers get CRAZY hot and it storms here almost every day for an hour or two. That means we tend to cook more in the kitchen during the week and let me tell you, we make all kinds of food. We are a family of 6 and majority of us are foodies. Our kids will eat all kinds of things from seafood to vegetables so it makes cooking a lot of fun.
While this recipe isn’t anything crazy, it is definitely a fun, new one that I think you’ll enjoy.
TikTok Pasta Chips
Like most people we have a love/hate relationship with social media. It’s all love and absolutely no hate though when it comes to finding new and fun recipes! We stumbled upon these TikTok pasta chips that are made in the air fryer and I just had to try them. As a carb loving American, they looked amazing to me. To make these you simple boil noodles, season, air fry and serve with a delicious sauce (no sauce works too!)
We stumbled upon this recipe and had to perfect it ourselves. What makes these irresistible in the delicious and salty crunch you get in every bite. To get that crunch, you need to cook these just right. Under cooked and they are chewy. Over cooked and they turn to dust in your mouth. It took us a couple rounds but we finally got it just right and wanted to share with you.
Before We Get Started
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss what’s next. We’re working on long over night recipes that are perfect for back yard get togethers and simpler recipes like our brand new Smoked S’mores Brownie recipe. If we can dream it, we’ll be sharing it with you!
You can find our link to sign up to the right of this post. We promise, we won’t spam you. Our goal is to start sending a monthly newsletter out in November of 2022 sharing all of our new creations with all the smoke lovers out there.
How To Make TikTok Pasta Chips
Lets do this! Follow this recipe step by step to make delicious TikTok Pasta Chips in the air fryer.
First start by boiling rigatoni pasta noodles according to the packaging directions. Once they are finished cooking, drain and rinse with cool water. In the meantime you can mix your seasoning. Combine 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
Place you drained and rinse pasta into a bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over top and toss to fully coat. Next, add the seasonings to your pasta and stir so that all the noodles are seasoned.
Now it’s time to cook! We *highly* suggest cooking this in 2 batches to ensure even cooking on all the noodles. Place half of your noodles in the air fryer and cook for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees. Be sure to toss the rigatoni half way through so that the noodles cook even. You will know they are done when they start to brown.
Pour the cooked pasta chips in a bowl and repeat the air fryer instructions for batch 2. This batch may cook more quickly since your air fryer is already warmed up. When both batches are finished, serve with a marinara or whipped feta cheese dipping sauce.
Pasta Chips Recipe
Let us know how your pasta chips turn out in the comments below. Also be sure to leave any questions below.
TikTok Pasta Chips
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- marinara dipping sauce
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Place rinsed pasta in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat.
- Season with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasonings. Stir to evenly coat noodles.
- Add 1/2 of the noodles to the air fryer and cook for 12 – 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Be sure to stir half way through to ensure the noodles cook evenly.
- Remove the pasta chips from your air fryer and repeat for batch 2. This batch may take less time to cook since your air fryer is warmed up.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara.
Our family enjoyed these crispy and crunchy. Some do not cook their pasta chips as long as we do and therefore the pasta chips do not turn brown. If you’d prefer a lighter fried chip, reduce cooking time to 10-12 minutes.
Let the chips sit about 5 minutes after completing before enjoying!
Pin This Recipe For Later
Just looking for ideas right now? Click on the image below to pin this recipe on Pinterest. This image link will take you right to the pin you see below allowing you to find it when you’re ready to make it.
The Smoked Kings
Less about us and more about the food. We want to focus on what we all really care about - smoking delicious meals to enjoy with our family & friends. We perfect the recipes, you make the memories.
- No Bake Avalanche CookiesIt’s always the season for baking with these delicious and simple no bake avalanche cookies! Make them as simple and...
- Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesNo joke. These award winning soft chocolate chip cookies will win the hearts of your family and friends no matter...
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – Cheeseburger StyleAll the goodness of smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf with the added kick of cheeseburger style ingredients! This smoked recipe is...
- Smoked Pumpkin Dump CakeThe seasons of fall in one delicious, smoked dish. Our smoked pumpkin dump cake recipe combines pumpkin and spices to...
- The Best Smoked Mac And Cheese RecipeSmoked Mac and Cheese Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of the best comfort foods. The rich and gooey cheese,...
- The Best Seasoning For Smoked Cream Cheese | Top 4 VarietiesThe ultimate roundup of the best seasoning for smoked cream cheese. We’re sharing 4 delicious ways to season your smoked...